Need a delicious bread to fill your freezer? This easy to make Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread would be great to make ahead of time and have on hand for those busy school mornings.
Who doesn’t love a good sweet bread? This Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread can be whipped up in a hurry. It can be made to enjoy right from the oven or put in the freezer for quick lunches or snacks.
School time is right around the corner and let me tell ya, trying to organize the cold lunch ideas is rather tricky to say the least.
Why? Well, I have a new to the school routine 6 year old and he needs help to pack his lunch. His mother (me) needs to get four children out the door for school. The easier I can make lunch packing the better for both of us. If you haven’t read it before, you should read my tips on packing school lunches.
How To Make Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
The bread is an easy recipe, with ingredients you likely have in your pantry. I am going to give the one loaf ingredients to you, however, I typically double the recipe.
To freeze this banana bread, simply cut the bread into slices and wrap and freeze. I then like to place the bread in freezer bags, flat, so the kids (and hubby) and reach in and pull out a slice to pop in their lunch or even warm up for breakfast. The bread will be thawed by lunch time or you can microwave it for 30 seconds or so for breakfast.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. In a larger bowl, add together wet ingredients. Mix together and stir in bananas and chocolate chips. Put it in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350*.
So easy and delicious.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached (or bleached) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe bananas 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
- In a large bowl, mix together shortening, sugar and eggs
- Stir dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients
- Mix in bananas, then mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into a greased 5x9x3 bread loaf pan
- Bake in at preheated 350* oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center tests done
- Let cool and remove from pan. Serve
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.