Peppermint Oreo Ice Cream Cake is made with the popular Peppermint Stick Ice Cream found around Christmas time. Only 4 ingredients and is a treat for your guests!
Remember Christmas of yesteryear? When I was a child, the lights, decorations, excitement of Christmas all gathered together to make the Holiday so special. We would put up the Christmas tree, set up the Nativity celebrating the birth of Christ and make our favorite recipes. Mom would also always buy peppermint stick ice cream.
In honor of that memory, I thought I would put together an ice cream cake called Peppermint Oreo Ice Cream Cake. It only has a few ingredients, it is easy to make and it is great for Christmastime.
Items needed to make Peppermint Oreo Ice Cream Cake
I highly recommend having a springform pan like this one. You can certainly put it in a 9x13 cake pan, but when it is in a springform pan, it is easy to remove the sides and makes for a eye-pleasing cake.
Having a food processor comes in handy as well. If needed, use a rolling pin and a baggie to crush the OREO cookies for the crust and topping. I like using the food processor because it blends the butter with the crumbs perfectly.
How to make Peppermint Oreo Ice Cream Cake
To make this simple yet delicious cake, take Peppermint ice cream (Prairie Farms or Edy's are good options) and let it sit on the counter for about 15 minutes to soften. Trying to mix up completely frozen ice cream is not an easy task!
Meanwhile, crush the OREO cookies and mix them with melted butter. Place up the sides and on the bottom of greased pan. Bake.
Take ice cream and mix with whipped cream then place on baked OREO crumbs. Freeze.
I recommend freezing overnight for best results. If you don't have that kind of time because you forgot to make it and you are heading to a gathering later (ahem, may have happened to me), it can be ready to go in 4 hours.
This ice cream dessert is simple, eye-catching and has the Christmas flavors that will please your guests. Enjoy!
Like Peppermint? Here is a Peppermint Chocolate Cake that is great for dessert! Like OREO's? Try: OREO Ice Cream Dessert.
Peppermint OREO Ice Cream Cake
- 1 1.5 qt Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 ½ cups crushed Oreos 1 package, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 candy cane crushed
- Set ice cream out on counter for 15 minutes to soften
- Meanwhile, crush OREO cookies in food processor or with rolling pin in a baggie. Use 1 ½ cups of crushed OREOS. Set aside the rest
- Stir in melted butter and place in greased springform or 9x13 pan
- Bake at 350* for 7 minutes
- Pull out and let cool
- Meanwhile, mix ice cream and whipped cream in a large bowl. Place on top of OREO crumbs then freeze for 4 hours or overnight for best results
- Remove sides from pan and sprinkle with remaining OREOS and crushed peppermint candy cane
heavy whipping cream? cool whip? not sure what exactly is needed for this recipe?? thanks!
It is 8 oz of Cool Whip. Hope that helps!