Using a crock pot to cook these Crock Pot Glazed Carrots makes this fall recipe an easy one for Thanksgiving or Christmas. A brown sugar glaze tops these soft and tasty carrots. A very simple side dish recipe for your family!
The Crock Pot Glazed Carrots are coated in a delicious brown sugar and cinnamon topping making this side dish recipe a special one for the Holidays. The best part is they cook in the crock pot so your oven can be cooking other recipes such as pumpkin pie.
This recipe only has 5 ingredients so it is quick to put together and quick to cook as well! When a recipe can cook while you are busy doing other Holiday things, that is what all cooks enjoy.
Why you will love this recipe
- This carrot recipe may become a must make in your family year around due to the ease of the recipe.
- It only has a few ingredients.
- The carrots have a sweet flavor to them so the kids might like them more!
- It takes five minutes to put together and that leave you to make other recipes for your dinner.
- Baby Carrots - can use whole carrots peeled and cut
- Brown Sugar
- Butter - or margarine
How to make crock pot glazed carrots
Making the carrots is a relatively easy process. The carrots are added to the crock pot along with all the other ingredients.
After the carrots cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low, they will be done. Be sure to stir the carrots to get the brown sugar and butter mixed in. Everyone has a preference on how done a carrot should be so adjust to your family's tastes. My family prefers a cooked carrot to be cooked all the way through and no longer crunchy.
Can I freeze the glazed carrots?
I don't recommend it. Carrots can get mushy after being frozen. The texture may not be the same.
How can I store the leftovers?
If there are leftovers, place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
What can I serve with these crock pot carrots?
The carrots are soft, flavorful and so simple to make. Enjoy this recipe as a side dish to any holiday meal!
Crock Pot Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb baby carrots
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¼ cup water
- Spray the crock pot lightly with cooking spray (optional).
- Place carrots, brown sugar, water, cinnamon and butter in the crock pot, in that order.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
- Stir at least twice during that time.