Who doesn't love the Easter marshmallow Peeps? They are fun and colorful and go great on an Easter Dessert. Peeps Parfait is just that dessert. Pudding, whipping cream and angel food cake for a delicious and great spring treat the kiddos will love!
Oh, the Easter Peeps. They are marshmallow and colorful and kind of just says spring, don't you think? It's so fun to make a Peeps dessert.
The kids will like this fun dessert for an Easter gathering or party. A Peeps Parfait is so easy to make and make ahead for easy prep. It only has a few ingredients, too!
- angel food cake
- strawberry pudding
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- Peeps (of various colors)
- Easter sprinkles
The ingredients couldn't be easier. I made a box angel food cake mix but you could make an angel food cake homemade or even buy one from the store.
For the strawberry pudding, Sonic has a strawberry pudding mix that is perfect for this! If you can't find Sonic strawberry pudding mix, you can use regular strawberry pudding.
I used whipping cream flavored with powdered sugar as I liked the texture of real whipping cream with this dessert. However, Cool Whip would certainly work as well.
First, if you are making your angel food cake, whether from scratch or a box mix, you will want to make that so it can have time to cool.
Making the angel food cake from a box mix only requires adding water so the process is easy. After following the directions on the back, don't forget to turn it over to let it cool. Fitz Root Beer bottle worked well. (LOVE Fitz's in St. Louis!)
While the cake is cooling (which will take about 1 ½-2 hours for best results), mix together the pudding mix.
Then it can sit in the refrigerator to thicken up for the parfait. You can also make up the whipping cream.
Whipping cream secrets
The secrets of the whipping cream are few but important. To just use a bottle of whipping cream, you may find the cream, well, less than sweet.
That is okay, of course. However, if you want a little sweetness to your cream, you may want to add powdered sugar.
The whipping cream can be poured directly into a Kitchen Aid stand mixer or you can use a hand held mixer, though you will be there for a while. Mix on medium speed until the cream forms soft peaks.
Then, add in ½ cup of powdered sugar. Mix and the mixture will get thick.
Then, if the cake needs to be cooled a little more, you can place it in the fridge while you wait. If not, you can add some purple food coloring.
Like Easter recipes? Try: White Chocolate Tart and Easter Snack Kabobs.
Putting the Peeps Parfait together
Now, it is just time to layer.
Take the angel food cake and cut it into small pieces. Then layer the cake, pudding, whipping cream, repeating layers until you get to the top of the cups you are using.
The cups can be any size your particular party needs, I used 12 oz cups for this recipe.
Make sure the last ingredient you add is the whipping cream, then add the Peep marshmallow on top and sprinkles.
I recommend refrigerating the Peeps parfait for at least 1 hour but no more than 8 before serving.
You want the flavors to blend, but not get mad at each other. If there are any leftovers, I would keep them for 24-36 hours. I wouldn't go much more than that. You don't want the angel food cake to get too soggy.
Pin for later!
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 6 oz Sonic strawberry pudding 2 boxes
- 3 cups milk 2% or whole
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- ½ c powdered sugar
- purple food coloring two to three drops
- 6 marshmallow Peeps
- Easter Sprinkles optional
- Make angel food cake according to package directions
- Let cool according to package directions
- Take dry pudding mix and 3 cups of milk and mix together with a hand mixer or whisk for 2 minutes. Let set up in fridge for at least 20 minutes
- Pour whipping cream in the bottom of the mix bowl and mix on medium speed until soft peaks form (when the beater is taken out, the cream on the beater is a little bit wobbly)
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to the whipping cream and mix for 1 minute
- Take cut up pieces of angel food cake and layer the cake, pudding and whipping cream until you reach the top of the cup you are using. Always end with the whipping cream
- Place one Peep marshmallow on top and add sprinkles if desired
- Let set up in fridge for at least 1 hour
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment!