Pizza Casserole with Ravioli is a new combination between ravioli casserole and pizza bake. Delicious way to #feedthefam
This is what happens when I wanted something a little different for supper and had ravioli sitting in the freezer just waiting to be used.
Doesn’t hurt that I’m a food blogger and creating new dishes is what I do. 😉
Pizza Casserole with Ravioli is rich with cheeses, flavored with Italian seasoning and garlic and has everyone’s favorite, the pepperoni. Of course, if you would want to, you could add green pepper, mushrooms or any vegetable you would like. As you know, vegetables are a strongly discouraged by my meatatarian husband. Though he is getting better.
This pizza casserole is a mix between Pizza Bake and Ravioli Casserole. I wanted to make pizza bake but as I mentioned, the ravioli was calling my name. As I was wondering if I could mix the two dishes, I realized that ravioli has sausage in it and sausage goes great with pizza. The pizza bake I usually make, has pasta in it as does the ravioli.
See what I am getting at here? Sausage, pasta, cheese, pizza sauce, it all comes together and works well together. Yum.
You can serve this great casserole with homemade bread like my sweet bread. I would also serve it with a lettuce salad. A fruit salad or applesauce would be great as well.
The casserole would be a company favorite and is very filling. Think potluck dish. 🙂
Pizza Casserole With Ravioli
- 1 bag frozen sausage ravioli
- 2 jars (14 oz each) pizza sauce
- 1 (8 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 lb hamburger
- Italian seasoning , salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Cook hamburger until no longer brown in frying pan. Season with seasonings, as desired.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
- Spread 2/3 cup pizza sauce on bottom of dish
- Place frozen ravioli on bottom of dish in a single layer
- Mix ricotta cheese and egg in a separate bowl. Add in 1/2 cup cheese, stir
- Spread 1/2 cheese mixture on top of ravioli
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of hamburger
- Pour 1 jar pizza sauce
- Layer 1/2 the bag of pepperoni
- Repeat layers, starting with the ravioli
- After finishing with the last jar of pizza sauce, sprinkle rest of cheese on top of casserole and cover with foil
- Bake at 400* for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and sauce is bubbly
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Do you follow me on Pinterest? I would love for you to see what I am pinning. From recipes, to kitchen tips and everything in between!