These peppermint Hershey Kiss cookies are delightful.
I wanted to pass the goodness on to others, however, my family looked at me with their huge brown eyes and pleaded with me to let them stay in our home. I caved. I guess I need to make more to share.
This recipe was a cinch to make. I used my stand-by M&M Cookie recipe for the cookie dough. The fun twist is the peppermint Hershey Kisses that I wish was sold ALL year so I can make this recipe in the 95* of summer. Why? Why not? ;-) I guess I need to make hay when the sun shines and buy a bunch at Christmas and freeze them. Remind me, will ya? You probably won’t appreciate the hay analogy unless you are from the Mid-West. Forgive me.
I used my food processor to chop up the Hershey kisses. You can certainly use a knife and a cutting board. The food processor cuts down on the time it takes to chop drastically, so I would use it if you got it. (If you don’t have one, ask for one for Christmas!)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 bag Hershey peppermint kisses (chopped)
- Mix butter, sugars and egg together in large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt. Mix well.
- Add peppermint kisses to dough. Stir.
- Make dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden.