Keeping with the Tuesday theme around here, I came up with a new (to me) recipe. Last week for the new recipe challenge, I shared Blueberry Streusel Bread. These Filled Brownie Bites were something I made for this site…and for my oldest child.
He failed to tell me a couple of weeks ago that he needed to bring the snack for AWANA’s. He’s in Junior High and from what I gathered, snack is rather appreciated. 😉 Since he forgot to tell me, I didn’t make anything.
Fast forward a week.
I was begged to make things right and bring snacks this past week. So, being the mom that I am, I did.
Something I think is important to remember is new recipes do not have to be complicated. They don’t have to be long and drawn out. Only have a few minutes (as most of us moms do)? That is okay. Use the time that you have with the ingredients you have and whip something up. Just because you use a box mix or the recipe only has a few ingredients, you aren’t a bad mom (or cook!). What is does mean is that you had other kids to tend to, several errands to run that day and a meal to make for your own family.
No shame in that, people.
I enjoy making more complicated dishes. However, this day called for this dish. Well (you ask yourself)? How did they like this very simple and very easy dessert for snack? The 12 and 13 year olds (according to my child, and the very few that were left in my container) really liked them. Easy. Simple. Delicious. How great is that?
By the way, I just told Ryan I was putting these on Bakingwithmom.com. He said, “Those will get a lot of likes fast!” Thanks, Kiddo. 🙂
Filled Brownie Bites
- Brownie Mix (and ingredients listed on back of package)
- Candy for the center of the bites (example: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey Kisses, M&M's)
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions.
- Bake in a greased mini muffin tin @350* for 15 minutes or until brownies bites test done.
- After removing the brownies from the oven, immediately put in the unwrapped candy in the center of the brownie.
- Let cool.