This easy ravioli casserole is a delicious, quick meal for #feedingthefam. Layers of cheese, sauce and ravioli make this meal ooey and gooey and wonderful!
My 5 year old was watching me adjust this picture of the Easy Ravioli Casserole. He exclaimed, "Oh, yum! Make that!" Considering we just had this Tuesday night, it reaffirmed my belief it is a favorite around this house. It is so easy to put together. You can whip it up in a matter of minutes then let the oven do the rest.
It only takes a few ingredients. I like to make my own homemade sauce, however, I am known to use store bought when I get a good deal. It is also handy to have on hand for a quick meal. What is funny is this recipe takes cottage cheese. Nobody in this family likes cottage cheese. To be honest, it's like eating yogurt with milk curds in it.
Oh, I shutter.
Anyway, in lasagna or this ravioli casserole, it tastes sooo good. You add cheese mixed with ravioli--you have dinner success.
Easy Ravioli Casserole
- 1 bag beef (or cheese) frozen ravioli
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 oz) container cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread ½ cup sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place frozen ravioli on the bottom of the pan, side by side. (About 5 across-it will be about ½ the bag.)
- Mix the cottage cheese, egg and 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- Spread ½ of mixture over the ravioli.
- Spread ½ jar of sauce over cheese mixture.
- Repeat all layers (ravioli, cheese and sauce).
- Put the remaining cheese on top of the casserole and place foil on the pan.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for additional 20-30 minutes at 400*.
- Let sit for a few minutes before dishing out.
*You can easily add spinach to this recipe. When I have spinach in the garden, I add 1 cup spinach to the cheese mixture.*