Creamy Hamburger Macaroni is a one dish meal with four ingredients. Need a supper in a hurry? This meal will fill that requirement and fill those hungry stomachs.
Creamy Hamburger Macaroni was made on a whim. A very summer like, I didn’t know what to make, I didn’t want to make the same thing whim.
Ya know? I’m sure you have been there.
One dish meals are great for busy days and last minute throw together suppers. It is made with items found in your pantry and it is only four ingredients. Yes, four ingredients.
Do you have a hard time getting your children (or husband) to eat “complicated” food? The kind where there are layers upon layers of vegetables, cheeses, sauces and hummus? (Not insulting hummus, I like it.) 🙂 I certainly do. I have picky eaters, I have good eaters and I make my children at least take a few bites of a new food. Even if they think they are going to pass out from vegetable poisoning.
Sometimes though, I just want a meal everyone will eat with little drama. I want to sit down at the table and have a conversation with my family that doesn’t involve the phrase, “You will eat it, deal with it. It won’t kill you.”
This is a four ingredient meal which involves macaroni noodles. Macaroni noodles which makes them think of macaroni and cheese. Macaroni and cheese which makes them think of lunchtime. Lunchtime which makes me think of nap time.
Are you with me so far?
Creamy Hamburger Macaroni makes everyone happy. It has easy clean up because it is in one pot. You can add cheese to it, if you so choose. I didn’t this time (and I usually add cheese to just about everything) but a cheddar cheese would taste great on it. Of course, then it would be a five ingredient meal. But who is counting?
Creamy Hamburger Macaroni
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 can beef broth + 1/2 cup water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cook hamburger in a large frying pan
- Return hamburger to pan and beef broth and water
- Cook on medium/high heat until starts to boil then add noodles
- Reduce heat to medium and cover, stirring occasionally
- When noodles are done (all liquid has been absorbed), stir in 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- Cook on low for 5 minutes
- **Please note--if you want to cook the noodles in a separate pot while the hamburger is cooking, you certainly can. Just simply add the cooked noodles to the cooked hamburger, omit the water, reduce the broth to 1 cup.