As I say often, I needed a dessert for a family gathering. It is usually what I am asked to bring, usually what I volunteer to bring. I enjoy making desserts and this time was no exception. Kind of.
Being sick puts a damper on things, ya know?
1/2 of our family was sick in the days leading up to Christmas so I didn’t really want to put too much thought into the dessert. Thankfully, I had planned ahead a little and got the Cookie N Cream ice cream beforehand. So, that was the base of my dessert.
It really all came together. I pulled out a brownie mix. I pulled out some whipped cream. Voila! Cookies N Cream Brownie Cake. It was delightful.
I typically bring an ice cream dessert to family gatherings on my husband side. The grasshopper is a favorite. I could have made that again, however, sick or not, gotta try new things.
Especially when it involves caramel.
Try making this easy dessert. It was a quick family favorite.
- Brownie Mix
- 1 jar caramel
- 1.5 quart Cookies N Cream ice cream (softened)
- 1 8 oz carton whipped cream
- Make brownie mix according to directions. Bake and let cool.
- Spread 1/2 jar of caramel over brownie. Place pan in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Spread softened ice cream over caramel.
- Spread with whipped cream.
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.