This bread is a favorite. In fact, as hubby walked through the door after work he immediately smelled bread and said: Oh, Bread. Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bread is just what your family needs after a long day. Delicious.
*This site uses affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
The cinnamon brown sugar bread is an absolute favorite of my family’s. It is gooey and totally yummy.
Yes, totally yummy. Totally a phrase. Really.
I hadn’t made it in a while because my trusty bread machine broke a while ago. I do enjoy my bread machine. A new one was calling my name, but I didn’t want to go and buy one. I’m frugal, it’s true. It is worth every penny because with a family of six, I use it all the time. The kids enjoy homemade bread for their lunches and my hubby enjoys homemade bread for supper.
Especially when it is cinnamon brown sugar bread.
Now, if you have a KitchenAid Mixer, you can make this recipe or if you want to make it by hand, go for it. The KitchenAid works fine but there really is something to be said about popping the ingredients in the bread machine and walking away. It beeps when it is done then I roll out the dough, pile on the gooey filling and bake.
Now, if you don’t have a bread machine, a tip for you is to check at garage sales. I found my latest one sitting in the middle of the driveway with sunbeams shining on it and angels singing around it. Well, maybe not. However, I did catch it out of the corner of my eye and it was only $5.
Yes, I really said $5. I about cry every time I use it. ;-)
I have bought one like this bread machine. This particular one is only $27.00. Now, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as others do but if you just want to try it out, this bread machine would be a great starter machine.
Hunt garage sale site, garage sales or as a friend. You might be able to get a bread machine for free. Who knows?? :-)
This bread is easy to make and delicious to eat. Have warm, soft bread on your breakfast or supper table in about two hours. Fantastic!
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bread
- 1 1/4 cup warm water (80*) about 48 seconds in my microwave
- 4 tsp oil
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour (I used unbleached)
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Layer water, oil, brown sugar, salt, flour and yeast in a bread machine in that order
- Set bread machine on dough setting
- After dough is done, remove from machine and roll out dough on a little sprinkle of flour
- Rule of thumb: roll out the dough the width of the loaf pan you will be using. Set loaf pan near the dough as a guide. Length of dough should be about 12 inches
- Spread margarine or slightly melted butter on top of dough. Simply spread an even coat of butter on top of dough
- Spread brown sugar on top of dough. Cover all of dough with a think layer of brown sugar
- Sprinkle about 2 T of cinnamon over brown sugar
- Roll up short end first and place in a greased loaf pan
- Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown