Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups is a twist on the classic dish, chicken parmesan. Complete with bread crumbs and pasta sauce, this dish has all the parmesan favorites.
I enjoy taking same old favorites and turning them into something new. Like what I did with the Pizza Meatloaf. Sometimes old recipes need a new twist to keep the family happy. As meat prices are rising, I need different ways to keep the family well fed, and inexpensively! With chicken breasts only $1.99 a pound, I thought I would try something new and this Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups came to mind.
It is really very simple and only took a few minutes to assemble. The best part was the already cooked chicken breasts. I had put the chicken in the crock pot ahead of time so when it was time to make the chicken parmesan roll ups the chicken was already cooked. I usually have cooked shredded chicken in the freezer for quick meals like this. Handy to have, ready to pull out.
The ingredients are simple with the chicken parmesan roll ups. Egg, ricotta cheese, Italian bread crumbs and chicken make up the filling for the rolls ups. Boiled lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese finish the ingredients. Simple ingredients, tasty casserole. A great way to “Feed The Fam”.
Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
- 1 8 oz container ricotta cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles (boiled)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Mix ricotta cheese, chicken, bread crumbs, egg and 1/2 cup of cheese in a medium bowl.
- Take boiled noodles and put 1/4-1/3 cup filling on edge of noodle and roll up noodle.
- Place seam side down on pan.
- After rolling all noodles, pour remaining spaghetti sauce over noodles and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.