I am kinda on a fruit kick, in case you haven’t noticed the past couple of days. This Berries and Lime Fruit Pizza is the second of my fruit desserts, with the cream cheese pound cake being posted yesterday. I really, really like berries.
I came up with the idea for the berries and lime fruit pizza when I spied the box of Pillsbury Key Lime Cake Mix in my pantry. I had it for a while and just hadn’t used it yet. I had bought a bunch of strawberries and raspberries at the store the other day (thanks Aldi!) when they were on sale and some cream cheese, again on sale (thanks Kroger!). 🙂 I mean really, it didn’t take much thought to combine the three to make this delicious fruit pizza.
The beauty of this pizza is the fact it only takes a few ingredients to completely put together. The lime flavoring is used throughout with the crust and also in the cream cheese mixture. The variety of berries adds the perfect sweetness.
In case you are wondering how the berries and lime fruit pizza was received at my house, quite well, I believe. They gobbled down the first helping, then very eagerly asked for seconds. I was then instructed to save them some. At least this time, I didn’t have a sign on the pan. 😉
Berries And Lime Fruit Pizza
- 1 box Pillsbury Key Lime Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter , melted
For Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 box (8 oz) cream cheese
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- Assortment of washed and cut berries (I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- Mix box cake mix with melted butter
- Press mixture on bottom of greased 9x13 cake pan
- Bake for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Mix together powdered sugar, lime juice and cream cheese
- Spread on cooled crust
- Arrange fruit on top of cream cheese mixture