Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bread is a new twist on the classic pumpkin bread. Fall flavors have never tasted so good.
With school in full swing around here, and fall quickly approaching, I thought I would tackle two tasks in one quick baking session:
- Make up some homemade goodies for the kid’s lunches
- Make something pumpkin
We like pumpkin bread around here (as well as pumpkin pancakes) so I figured I would make my standard pumpkin bread or muffins recipe. I like to make up a batch and then freeze them for the children to pull out of the freezer when they pack their lunches.
However, being the baker I am, started thinking about how I could make the pumpkin bread different. What could I do to turn a classic favorite pumpkin bread into something extra special.
Add cheesecake, of course.
Not only cheesecake, mind you, but chocolate chip cheesecake.
As usual, my husband was very pleased with the idea of pumpkin and cheesecake mixing together in the same loaf pan, as he is a fan of both.
I made the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bread and put some in the freezer for “safe keeping” as it was quickly disappearing and it was only day two of the bread’s life. They found me out, found the pumpkin cheesecake bread in the freezer and I believe there is only one or two slices left.
That’s why I made it, I guess. It also means a sincere approval. Gotta love that.
A few tips:
:: The recipe calls for oil. I like to use applesauce in place of oil, though I have used the oil. Both are great, the applesauce tends to make the bread a little more moist, in my opinion. Not a bad thing, of course. 🙂
:: Make sure you cook the bread all the way through for best results. I know that sounds obvious, but in my family where under cooked is preferred, sometimes we forget some recipes need to be fully baked. You wouldn’t want your bread to sink in the middle.
:: To freeze the bread, I slice the bread and place them in a freezer bag. If you wanted to, you could wrap each slice in plastic wrap then put in freezer storage bags. They would be ready to pop into a lunch bag.
:: The bread does thaw by lunch time. Perfect!
- 2 c flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup oil OR 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding OR you can use chocolate
- 1 (8 oz) Cream Cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease two loaf pans
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- Mix in oil, eggs, pumpkin and pudding until combined
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with hand mixer.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Put ¼ of batter in the bottom of one loaf pan
- Spread ½ cheesecake mixture on top of pumpkin batter
- Carefully spread ¼ pumpkin batter on top of cheesecake mixture (if it doesn't cover all of the top, that is okay!
- Repeat with second loaf pan
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350*
Like Fall Recipes? How about: