This Oreo Crumb Cake with Chocolate Cream Frosting was made when I was wandering back and forth in my kitchen, needing to make a dessert for my husband.
He and two of my boys were going to a Wild Beast Feast at church (more on that on a later post-watch for it this week!) and I signed up to bring a dessert. I also signed up for a vegetable, but corn in a crock pot isn’t as exciting as this. 😉
I had a brownie mix and a cake mix on the counter and the thoughts of cookies in my mind. I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to do. I then spied the Oreos I had bought on sale. The ideas started to come to me. I needed a simple dessert I could whip together in no time, as I procrastinated to the point of being in a hurry. That really isn’t my style, however, I did this time. Honestly, the Oreo Crumb Cake was a pretty good result of my procrastination. Maybe I really do work better under pressure. 🙂
All you need for this is a box of yellow cake mix and some Oreos. The frosting is two ingredients too.
Great for last minute preparation. Doesn’t the cake look impressive? It’ll be our secret on how EASY it is.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (and ingredients on back of box)
- 20 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Mix in crushed Oreos.
- Pour batter in greased bundt pan and bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Heat condensed milk and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour immediately over cooled cake.