Who doesn’t love mint and chocolate together? This Mint Skillet Brownie is a perfect use for those cast iron skillets you have tucked away in your cabinet. Serve it with ice cream for a real treat.
I have said this before but it is worth repeating: My husband has a serious love/hate relationship with this blog. He loves the delicious food I am making. However, he doesn’t love all the delicious food I am making. 😉 True love/hate. He says he has to exercise more now. I tell him he doesn’t have to eat the Mint Skillet Brownie.
My husband ate the Mint Skillet Brownie.
I knew he would.
Of course, the children helped him. And why wouldn’t they? It is a brownie mixed with Andes candy pieces cooked in a cast iron skillet, topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkled with more Andes candy pieces.
The cast iron skillet, why I do not know, seemed to make the brownie more gooey and soft. The mint chocolate candy pieces melted in with the chocolate brownie on the inside and stood alone on the outside.
As the children said, it was like eating a grasshopper dessert. I make delicious grasshopper dessert around Christmastime that the family raves about. I think I need to make it and share it on Baking With Mom. It’s a favorite.
This mint skillet brownie will melt in your mouth. To make this more scrumptious, take a warm piece and top it with vanilla ice cream. You could even drizzle chocolate or caramel syrup on it.
Oh, my mouth is watering. 🙂
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients listed on back of box)
- 1 cup (plus ¼ cup) Andes mint baking chips
- 1 tub chocolate frosting or homemade chocolate buttercream frosting
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions
- Fold in Andes mints
- Pour in a greased cast iron skillet
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until center tests done
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Spread frosting on top of brownie and sprinkle with remaining Andes mints
More brownie ideas