Homemade Baked Potato Wedges are healthier than store bought and delicious too. The secret? Season them any way you would like!
Remember how last week, I started the “vegetable of the week” with the cauliflower breadsticks? This week’s vegetable experiment isn’t as daring as introducing cauliflower to my family. Baked Potato Wedges is a pretty safe bet with my husband, anyway. It is potatoes after all.
However, I wanted to be kind this week since they didn’t do too bad last week. Baby steps, baby steps, you know. 😉 I decided to make these baked potato wedges on a whim. I needed something to go with our “breakfast for dinner” meal and I knew I wanted to make something with potatoes. These baked potato wedges were the perfect dish to make. They didn’t take too long to bake and they went into the oven quickly. The seasoning was perfect and really, think of the possibilities. You could add sour cream with chives, cheese or bacon pieces.
I was in a little healthier mood. Of course, when I mentioned the sour cream to the hubby while he was eating them, I received an “Yum”. I probably should have at least offered the cheese/sour cream option for these baked potato wedges.
Be sure to try these baked potato wedges. The coating is perfect and flavorful. And did I mention your children will love shaking the potatoes in the plastic bag mixture? Yeah, added bonus.
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons season salt
- 2 cups flour
- olive oil for drizzling
- Wash potatoes and cut them length wise into wedges, cutting 8 or so wedges out of each potato.
- Add flour and season salt into quart or gallon sized plastic bag.
- Place potatoes, 3 or 4 at a time in bag and shake to place flour and salt on potatoes.
- Remove from bag and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of potato wedges. *Don't coat the potatoes in oil, just lightly drizzle a couple thin lines on each potato.*
- Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Halfway between cooking time, turn potatoes over and drizzle more oil over top.